Wednesday, February 1, 2017

January Thankful's

 Thankful for these littles that love the snow!!

 Thankful for good friends. They've been friends since they were 5!
 Thankful for warm enough weather to make several snowmen this year!
(the temps need to be in the 30's with melting snow in order to make snowmen)
 Thankful for our beautiful backyard to sled and play in!
 Thankful This middle child loves to play outside and she has such a playful spirit!

 Thankful my kiddos get SO excited when mama goes sledding!!
 Thankful for long shadows at the top of the hill
It reminds me of these shadows from last year this time....


 OK back to winter wonderland!

 Thankful my grandma had her Christmas party and I got the chance to see lots of
my cousins! My beautiful grandma will be 95 this summer!
 Thankful for new Science for littles
(old Science for the big kids)
 Thankful for fun winter crafts and fun kids that like to do them!


 Thankful for paper snowflakes
Thankful for our winter craft door

Thankful for beautiful fresh flowers in my window and the hope for Spring.

 Thankful for my entry room dresser
(the 2 littles' clothes are in there)
 and my simple red-berry bouquet
(is this a Christmas only thing or can I have this out all year?)
 Thankful for big kids and string games

The same games I played when I was a kid.
 Thankful for January sugar cookie baking!
 Recipe HERE
 Thankful for a new way to curl the girls' hair!
You take a pencil and wrap the hair around it, then,
flat iron it, it took about 45-60 minutes per head, depending on how thick the hair was.
I got up really early this particular day!

 These curls lasted 2 days.
We've also tried straw curls, but those don't last as long.
(curling on a straw, tying it and sleeping in the "straw curlers")
 Thankful I've been hosting some teen nights!
My goal is to do these 2x/month
The kids just come here and hang out for a few hours.
I've done it twice now and had over 30 kids total, including mine.
Love how the boys arm wrestle!
 Thankful for our old air hockey table in the basement!
 Thankful for the pre-party party!
(some of the kids came early to hang out before the party)
 Thankful for the HUGE coat pile! This makes me smile for some reason!
 More arm wrestling!

 They all hang out in the basement and my littles LOVE the big kids!
 Thankful some kids bring younger siblings!
These 2 have been friends since they were babies!
 Thankful I needed some ear plug things and found these great over-the-ear ones!
They do not fall off when I workout!!
Thankful for my favorite medal of all, the one I wear all the time
(except when I try to be cool and wear a decorative jewelry, then I just add other medals to those)
(see my recent posts)
I've had this medal for probably 23 years

Thankful for piano recitals and our piano teacher!
Mary has taught all 4 of our oldest kids.
My oldest son is working now and taking college classes and decided after 9 years
of piano, to take a break.
My oldest daughter was in a play this past fall and had to take a break from piano.
(she is back at it though now)
My 2nd oldest daughter decided after a year, piano was not for her.
This is my 4th child playing.

 Thankful for kitchen tables.
Yesterday my in-laws had their old table delivered to our home.
They are so generous to us.
This table is HUGE!
Every time I've been there, I've thought what an awesome table this is!
It's a 9 foot, one whole piece, extra-wide top, solid board-room type table.
(I think we can fit at least 14 around it with more chairs)
The table is over 40 years old.
My father-in-law saw it being disposed of out a window of a business building in
the Twin Cities and asked if he could have it.
Last night when I was wiping it after it was delivered,
it brought me to tears.
Thinking of all the family time that was spent at this table and
how hard it probably was for my mother-in-law to give it away.
(they need something smaller for my FIL to be able to get around easier)
I can only promise her that thousands of meals, games and prayers will take place around this
very special table.
Trying to be Thankful wherever I am, even though I dream of warm weather.
Our life is no where near perfect.
It's messy, loud, crazy and sometimes sad.
But it's our life and I'm ever so Thankful for all of God's blessings.
Thankful you made it to the last picture!

5 comments:

  1. I am thankful Jamie is back at blogging!
    You are such a wonderful mother...transitioning so easily between age groups...
    Making certain each child is cared for and happy.
    You look beautiful, my friend!
    Hugs from snowy Pa/ : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! All of it! What a blessed family you have. Thank you for sharing your thankfuls! You inspire me to spend more time with my children and have more fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice Thankful post -- jam-packed! I love all the crafts you do with your kids. I don't know if it was Faith's fidgetiness or my lack of energy but I think she got gypped in that department.

    Great little concert -- good job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dang, girl! That's a load of photos. But the ones that pop out the most for me are the teen gatherings. Aren't those the best? There are a couple of families who do that in our homeschool group (they have the land and square footage). My teens really enjoy those night. You do it 2xmonth. That's very generous of you :) Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping and commenting!