Friday, January 23, 2015

Review Time!

 I finally watched all The Lord of The Rings movies!
My kids were so excited!
 I finally understand all the joke memes!!
 
Want to hear Pippin sing?
Go HERE
(You might need to click on "Billy Boyd's music video")
Awesome song though.
 I had a hard time deciding which character was my favorite
Sam Wise or
 Aragorn?
Well, who do you think I picked as my favorite hero?
Looks are shallow I know...but I picked Aragorn
for his looks. And his bravery, Geesh!
 
The girls picked Legolas as their favorite hero,
they say because of his skilled archery.
 
 
 I am surprised we have not seen more children named after these
awesome characters!
 
"Come here little Gimli"
"Pippin Joseph"
"Aragorn James"
Even Bilbo,
come on, it's cute.
 
I have to say that this movie trilogy had the
 BEST MOVIE ENDING
OF ANY MOVIE EVER!!
I think because the ending went on for a long time. 
 Made all those long war scenes totally worth it!
 Onto Annie.
I took all 4 girls to see this at a tiny little theater here on the island
a couple weeks ago.
(this theater has not been updated since 1976)
 
 I actually liked the movie.
I did not, however, care for Cameron Diaz as Hannigan.
I think I just had someone like Carol Burnett in my mind.
Cameron did not make her character believable for me.
She grew on me by the end though.
I loved Jamie Foxx in it.
I loved his singing.
He has a really good voice.


The Maze Runner (in video)
Tom and a couple of the kids have read the series.
They loved it!
(although, the movie was not as good as the books)
 
I did not like this movie at all
until
the end.
At the end,
they explained why they were in the stupid maze in the first place.
 
I think if I knew ahead of time, like the kids did,
 (because they had read the books)
I might have liked it better.
 
I kept saying, "I don't understand the purpose of this"
"Why are they there?"
 
In the end, I liked it,
So if you are like me, hang in til the end.
 
I think the next movie will be better.

 Surprise movie here.
I liked it.
 
 
See it.
 
Adam Levine is in it.
 
 Speaking of Adam Levine, that reminds me of this new video
How fun is that?
 
 Looking for a new Netflix show?
I loved this show!!
 
Read about it HERE
Another Netflix show I loved was Survivors.
It's a BBC show.
The first episode, got better towards the end, so keep watching.
Check it out HERE
 
Loved this video! 
The girls and I were watching Taylor Swift videos one night
and saw this one, it's so cute!
 
Of course this song lead to Ed Sheeran...
Who knew he was so young and cute?
I pictured him as an older man for some reason.
 
We watched the making of this video too,
you can find it at YouTube.

And finally, this song,
Wow, I always thought
"Closing Time"
was about something bad.
It's totally not!!
 
Love the "this room won't be open til your brothers or sisters come" part.
How did we miss that?
 
OH, there's more, watch the video! 
So funny!
 
 
Well, that ought to keep you busy.

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for reviews, but I want to go to the beach! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here I thought maybe people were tired of seeing my beach pictures!!

      Delete
  2. I am always searching for a good show. I trust your reviews. I did watch Hours after Maggie said it was good....did you watch it?...well I didn't like it at all!!!!
    I read the Maze Runner and it is an story about this virus that is killing everybody and they are testing these kids to see who can help...but to make a loooooong story short the books are better.

    We just watched Guardians of the Galaxy this past weekend and just loved it!!
    I agree with Barbara....take us to the beach!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christine!! You gave it away!! I never give away the story line.

      Hours...I'm going to have to look it up, I can't remember!!

      Kids LOVED Guardians of the Galaxy...so did Tom. They love the comics of it. I did not like it. I got bored.

      I thought people were tired of seeing my beach pictures...I will try to post soon...

      Delete
    2. OK, just checked on that one...I did not like that one. (Hours) It was just too dang long and drawn out. I didn't see Mags' review on it...have not been reading blogs! It was nice down here this week!!

      (today is cold though...)

      Delete
  3. OH yah...I still cannot believe what people name their children. I would keep listing them on my bloggy but I think people think I am mean for making fun of them. Still....why would you do that to your kid?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny though that we never hear names from The Lord of the Rings, isn't it?

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heyyyy Jamieeee!!! How are you doing? I have been here after such a long time... love your movie reviews.. they are short and simple. Whenever I get confused which movie to watch, I simply come here for the answer.
    I recently came across Ed Sheeran's music while watching Grey's Anatomy. One of the episodes had his song 'Kiss Me'. You should definitely listen to it if you haven't already. Currently, I am so hooked on to Sam Smith's 'I am not the only one'. I sound like cats being run over by the lawn-mower..but I sing it anyway... :p
    Sending lots of love to you and your family..Sim looks great :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. My husband and I watched Begin Again and were surprised at how much we enjoyed it! We've been listening to the soundtrack quite a bit - there's something catchy about the songs that makes you want to keep listening. Loved the LOTR comments - we are HUGE fans here, our oldest boys, especially.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping and commenting!